The city of Tel Aviv won second place at the 2017 European Capital of Innovation contest. Tel Aviv was recognized for its impressive high tech sector programs and city policies, leading to the highest concentration of technological startups and accelerator programs in Europe.
Tel Aviv has the highest rate of startups per capita in the world and the highest rate of accelerators in Europe; the City Hall's policy is to integrate the strength of the startup city in to the municipality's smart city vision, as an inclusive policy that supports the startups in the city.
Tel Aviv representatives were at the Smart City Expo in Barcelona this year along with a delegation of leading Smart City startups that are addressing key urban challenges, such as the optimal use of resources, increased public safety, intelligent traffic management and more efficient decision making process.
Please find below additional information on how the City of Tel Aviv harnesses the technologies presented at the Smart City Expo World Congress 2017 to improve quality of life and create a safer and more sustainable environment for its residents.
- Motorola Solutions is operating intelligence-led public safety solutions and the power of data analytics, visualization, and information sharing to provide the City of Tel Aviv a real time Common Operating Picture for better decisions making.
- Check Point provides the City of Tel Aviv a consolidated end-to-end cyber security infrastructure to the cameras that monitor the city transport routes, giving a real-time picture of the traffic.
- Cisco is part of many smart project across the city of Tel Aviv. Cisco and her partners deliver the smart and connected city infrastructure that enables a connection between different sites and sensors, smart hi speed Wi-Fi connectivity for citizens and sensors enabled by advanced analytics capabilities. In addition, cisco's technology enable the city contact center (106), and provides a Cyber security Umbrella for the city IT and smart devices using cisco's Open DNS.
- TSG IT Advanced Systems ltd & Foxberry Technologies TSG is the exclusive authorized distributer of Tel Aviv Municipality ‘Digi-Tel’ project, winner of the ‘Best Smart City 2014’ award of the annual Smart city expo in Barcelona. TSG and its Indian partner, Foxberry Technologies, Pvt. Ltd. have implemented the first Digi-City program outside Israel – Digi-Thane.
- Prodware, a Microsoft Partner is an international creator and integrator of industry and role-tailored solutions. Prodware is the provider of Tel-Aviv's municipality IT solutions. The technology they provide allows the municipality a 360 degree view of its residents from one hand, and its residents - the best city services available, on the other hand.
- Safer Place helps the Municipality of Tel Aviv enhance driving and parking violations enforcement. The company’s innovative, award-winning video based platform enhances detects all high-risk dangerous road violations by delivering reliable, field proven technology which supports automatic ticketing, privacy protection and evidence presentation based on high quality videos and photos
- ZenCity is a platform for understanding people in the city on a wide scale, with the use of advanced AI algorithms. ZenCity works with the Tel Aviv Municipality by analyzing data from social media, city hotlines and many other sources, and provides different stakeholders with detailed insights about how their citizens view and use the city.
- Playkers is the Israeli leader of A-Z smart sports management solution for cities and the winner of the Tel Aviv Municipality’s latest Hackathon in collaboration with CommuniTech. Playkers offers decision makers in the Tel Aviv Municipality smart data-driven and crowd wisdom analytics that empowers them with recommendations based on operational and social key metrics which results with a successful optimization and maintenance of existing facilities and construction of new ones.